Celebration story (RE: Grand Donald Duck Theft)

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Jan 30 16:34:37 CET 2002

Timo, Olivier, others:

> Yesterday I read the leading DD story in last week's
> Journal de Mickey by a Dutch artist.
> In that story, Donald wants to be a fireman; to hire him, the
> chief  wantshim to prove he has
> experience. Donald then looks for the first DD comic book (I
> presume it's the first Akku Ankka or
> equivalent), which reprinted Barks' fireman story (the first
> one). This comic book is worth a
> fortune and several speculators want it too.

This must be the story celebrating 2500 issues of Dutch DD weekly (in
DD2000-36)! This story has, for some strange reason, 2 story codes: one for
each part. Even though the 2 parts were printed together in 1 magazine...

The codes are H 20107 (10 pages) and H 20108 (5 pages).
Written by Evert Geradts, drawn by Mau Heymans.

The story shows caricatures of the two oldest comic shop owners in Holland:
Kees Sokkenstopper (Kees Kousemaker) and Gans Malta (Hans Matla). The
caricatures are not very flattering (Matla is for instance only concerned
about getting as much money as possible), but I heard that the shop owners
were very honoured by the story...

How are these people translated in the various countries?

--Harry.
"For 10 guilders you can have a brief look at my copy of the comic!"