Dates

Hunstad Knut Knut.Hunstad at sintef.no
Wed Jan 30 12:28:36 CET 2002

Hi!

Don's speculation about which day would have been Columbus' day if he had
arrived later, reminds me of something. On my little sisters birthday I
sometimes teased her about not beeing one year older yet. Since she is born
29th july 1969 late in the evening in Seattle, it would already have been
the 30th here in Europe. So her birthday shouldn't be celebrated here until
the 30th...

Actually this means that there could be almost 48hours difference in age
between two people buying alcohol legally at the same place! That's
something like 0,03%! Wow...

I look forward to reading this story :-)

Knut Hunstad
Trondheim, Norway