Grandma Duck's car

George Milburn george at milburn.us
Mon Jul 1 03:21:36 CEST 2002

The Norwegian Museum of Science & Technology has a 1919 Milburn Electric automobile.  Their website suggests that Grandma Duck's car was patterned after this line of vehicles, and I am interested in whether this may be true.

The Milburn Electric automobile was steered by a tiller, as well as using a tiller to control its speed.  It had batteries both front and back, covered by latched hoods.  It had a bud vase on each side for flowers.  The front and rear windows lowered, as well as the door windows.

My recollection of Grandma Duck's car is weak, but this link seems like a possible.  Does anyone have (or recall) a strip with her car, and what the features might have been, or know of its inspiration?

George