Yay! Pickles!

Carl Lund copeknight at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 11:53:06 CEST 2002

Having too much time on my hands (sitting twiddling my
thumbs until I can read Uncle Scrooge in English again
;-)), I did a search for "pickle crop."  Google found
25 entries coming mostly from on-line agricultural
newsletters.

As a brief example, from "Ohio State University
Extension Vegetable Crops" (1998):

I was contacted by a Northwest Ohio pickle station
operator who indicated that they were having serious
problems with migrant labor needs and weather
problems. There is concern about having enough labor
to pick all of the pickle crop this year.  They
started pickle harvest on July 5th.

Pickle crops, pickle harvests, pickle stations...the
mind boggles.  Well, at least it does at 4 AM while
one is twiddling one's thumbs waiting for....

Carl

=====
--
Carl Lund

"You can give a child an education, but you can't make him think." --Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers