Translations

Gerd Syllwasschy gsy at megatel.de
Wed Jul 10 13:44:08 CEST 2002

Stefan D.:

> Now, it might be interesting to know if the Danish translation usually was
> the first one that all the other countries were given as "original". At
> that time, the stories did not always appear simultaneously in all the
> Scandinavian countries. For a clue, one might want to check when the skunk
> oil/margarine story first appeared in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and even
> Germany.

Denmark, Sweden and Germany all published the story in the February,
1955 issue (no information on Norway available in the Inducks database),
so this gives no clue to the origin of the phrase. However, it would be
worth doing more research in that direction. Wish I had more
Scandinavian issues than the couple of Anders Ands I brought with me
from my last vacation in Denmark ...

Gerd