NAFS(k)urien - what year?

Germund Silvegren germund.silvegren at ekol.lu.se
Fri Jul 19 13:27:04 CEST 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Mattias Hallin wrote:

>Furthermore I assume that the question regarding the size of the Don Rosa
>cover of NK 31 was to find out the size of the original. Being only
>marginally involved in the editorial work for that issue, I don't remember
>for sure anymore, nor do know for certain whether we actually had the
>original drawing or just a very good colour copy. I'm fairly sure, though,
>that whatever we used as original, it was about two and a half times the
>size of the actual cover, maybe something like 26x40 cm or thereabouts.

We scanned a color photocopy that Don sent me and I believe Mattias' rough
estimate of the size is correct. The original drawing was (and probably is)
located in Finland. The image is a Scrooge version of the cover of Tim Holt
#17 (1949) by Frank Frazetta, one of Don's favourite comic book covers of
all time. Mighty impressive cover (as is much of Frazetta's work!).
/Germund

Germund Silvegren, PhD student
The Pheromone Group
Dept. of Ecology, Lund University