Don Rosa book

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:14:20 CEST 2002

>From: "Per Martinson" he [Don Rosa] doesn't write anything
>really new and innovative, he only uses things that Barks created.

Many other writers/artists does that too. All is based on Barks' creations,
just because he invented almost everything there is: Duckburg, most of the
characters and story situations.
Paradoxically Don is creating much new things by using old stuff. He have
breaked even few rules: he introduced parents to many Disney characters, he
tied them in history and time, and even one death scene have occured. All
things you wouldn't have expected to see, and still done very accurately
within barks/disney-tradition.
Don added new depth into characters and situations, without breaking
barksian facts or characters' basic personality.
I'm not saying that all barksian/rosaist facts should be rules or templates
to all stories to be made. I do enjoy reading most of the other Disney-duck
stuff too.

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -