Franquin

cwiljes@bol.de cwiljes at bol.de
Wed Jun 5 12:05:50 CEST 2002

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:
>> seen his cactus. That is NOT Disney comics. And as far
>> as I know Franquin was NOT represented in the good old
>> Norwegian TEMPO magazine, so IMO this Franquin-guy is
>> nothing special at all.

Francesco Spreafico replied:
> Franquin is nothing special because he was not represented in an obscure
> Norwegian magazine? I must be missing something.

I suppose that you miss the irony. As I am also often accused
by friends and family of nearly undetectable irony I suppose
that Sigvald is one of the greatest Franquin fans under the sun.

BTW: The early Gottfredson Mickey strips had a plot suggested by Walt Disney
himself of Micky trying to commit suicide (sic!). This fits in perfectly
with
Franquins "Idées noires", created nearly half a century later. Or am I the
only
one who has this impression?

Cord