LVD's debut in print

Frank Bubacz frankbubacz at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 13:56:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

My new posting to the "Franquin Comic Mailing List" at last is dealing with
ducks...  :-)))

It is well-known that Ludwig van Drake had its TV debut in "An adventure in
color" in 1961. His debut in comics, though, is slightly more obscure:
INDUCKS, COA and HooZoo assume that he first appeared in his own LVD series.
However, as I could find out, he had his print debut
somewhere in the Taliaferro daily strips. There even was one being published
the same day he had his screen debut, cryptically described (in INDUCKS and
COA) "paintings for LVD visit", although LVD is not listed to appear in
it... As this particular strip has been republished on some occasions, maybe
he WAS in it after all???

If anybody is in possession of one of these publications, could he or she
please tell me if Ludwig can be seen in this strip or not?

http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/ZD+61-09-24

Thanks,
Frank