LVD's debut in print

Willot François Willot.Francois at ec-lille.fr
Fri Jun 7 15:13:37 CEST 2002

I don't know. When was LVD's first film broadcasted? (you say
1961, but do you have the month).
It may be the case, because Disney used to start using a new character
in all mediums (like TV, comics) at the same time. Western probably
asked Barks to use him in the famous lettuce gag.
At the same time Ludwig's film was in production, the
 first comics with LVD were being made.
Wasn't it what happened with the nephews
or Donald himself? I think we're only talking about
 a couple of months anyway.