Marsupilami?

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Sat Jun 8 01:41:46 CEST 2002

Teemu wrote:

> I guess you will i'm ignorant and perhaps so but
> who or what is Marsupilami?
> Does it have anything to do with guineapigs ;-) ?

Yes, in the broadest sense: it also comes from South America, from the
state ofe "Palumbien" to be precise. But that is about all those two
species have in common. The Marsupilami was a suporting character
created by André Franquin for his series "Spirou et Fantasio". The
Marsupilami is an aniamal something in between an ape and a jungle cat.
It is intelligent, says only "houba", has an enormously long tail
(several meters) which it can use für all kinds of feats, it lives of
fruits and piranhas and raises its younglings in a giant nest.

I have added some sample pages to our Top 100 List where you can see the
Marsu in action:

http://www.top100comics.de/leseprobe.php?rank=12&leseprobe=2
http://www.top100comics.de/leseprobe.php?rank=12&leseprobe=3
http://www.top100comics.de/leseprobe.php?rank=12&leseprobe=4

And here you can find sample pages of Franquins other major work Gaston:

http://www.top100comics.de/leseprobe.php?rank=9&leseprobe=1
http://www.top100comics.de/leseprobe.php?rank=9&leseprobe=2
http://www.top100comics.de/leseprobe.php?rank=9&leseprobe=3

And one page of his late (and very bitter) work Idees Noires (=black
thoughts):

http://www.top100comics.de/leseprobe.php?rank=9&leseprobe=4

Cord