Two new publications in the Netherlands

H.W.Fluks@kpn.com H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Jun 13 11:16:46 CEST 2002

Arthur:

> 1. "De spannende reisavonturen van Donald Duck #1"
> ("The exciting travel adventures of Donald Duck #1").

> It's quite remarkable that
> the artists / writers are mentioned in the index.
> I wonder if it has anything to do with
> Finnish publisher Sanoma taking over.

No, it's just a thing Thom Roep likes to do, but only in albums like this.
He already mentioned this to me when the album series was in a very
premature stadium. This must have been before Sanoma took over.

> 2. "50 vrolijke grappen van de Duckies #1"
> ("50 funny gags of the Duckies #1")

> The
> article also mentions that Daniel Branca designed the
> classmate characters used in these stories.

Yes, and this sounds strange to me. Some "Duckies" gags were drawn by
Santiago Barreira (Comicup studio), including the first ones where these
characters were used. So maybe Roep made a mistake in the article.

--Harry.