Historical errors in a new Halas/Miguel story

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald4 at yahoo.no
Tue Jun 18 12:17:11 CEST 2002

Yesterday Donald Duck pocekt #258 was published here
in Norway. The first story (D 99256) by Paul Halas and
Miguel takes place around 2000 years ago in the
Roman-age.

In this story we met some roman soldiers ho says "We
romans eat spagetti and pizza".

But as our Italian friends here will know, this is off
course historical nonsence. The Italians didn't know
about pasta before Marco Polo tasted it in China more
than 1000 years later than the period of this story.
And as far as I know the pizza is not more than around
200 years old.

Does this errors appear in the original or is it the
Norwegian translator who has done a very poor job?

And why does Egmont accept such errors to appear in
stories printed by them?

Sigvald :-)