Calisota Trivia

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Sun Jun 23 17:25:07 CEST 2002

Wow!!! Lots of great landmark drawing ideas from our members! Even with my
massive list, I forgot several really important ones.  Lucky that several other
members didn't forget them!  Don can not help to reach 10 great choices now!

My going through the process of thinking of the landmarks brought up some
trivia that is peculiar (and surprising that I have never seen it mentioned on
the list). Question:  What is the Calisota State Mascot???  Answer:  First -
The VAMPIRE  Later(?): The bending or sagging spire atop one of Duckburg's tall
buildings (Limpspire State Building).

So...., we must assume that Calisota was once called the Vampire State. Barks
did us a kindness to not show the very common grizzly occurances of these eerie
monsters (the undead) sucking the blood of and killing their prey (Duckburg's
citizens!!!  It is amazing that he portrayed the inhabitants as being happy so
often.  Even the fact that they could be able to concentrate on their everyday
activities, while being hounded and endangered every night is absolutely
amazing.  We must also assume that the Vampires' reign of terror on this "Hell
on Earth" (or whatever planet Duckburg is or was on) ended at some time; when
the Calisota Mascot was changed to the Limp Spire.

This brings to mind the State Flag of Calisota.  Did the first one have 3 ears
of maize (corn), snowy mountaintops and Cornelius Coot's face on it?  Then,
after the Reign of Terror of the bloodthirsty Vampires started the Flag was
changed to a rendering of a "cute" VAMPIRE???  Then, when that HORRIBLE ERA
subsided, the Flag was changed again to portray a skyscraper with a bent
steeple???  - Something to think about - EH??? - Rob
Klein