DCML digest, Vol 1 #981 - 17 msgs

Eero-Pekka Halinen e_halinen at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:54:21 CEST 2002

Frank Bubacz wrote:

> >Many people suggested places like the beach, harbor or such. But these
>are
> >not specifically Duckburg places, so the story made out of these wouldn't
> >be
> >interesting.
>
>It seems Don has only to do some illustrations, not a story.

OK, I didn't know that.

> >Is Notreduck located in Duckburg?
>
>Yes, it is.
>
> >If so (I
> >can't remember), it breaks the Barks-Rosa "realism" a bit.
>
>What do you mean exactly? Excuse the question, but I'm not as familiar with
>Rosa's work as with Barks'.

Actually, I meant that Barks and Rosa (especially Rosa) usually make (or
made) their stories so, that every smallest detail is historically or in any
other way true. If Barks decided Notre Duck to be placed in Duckburg, and he
did, Rosa would've to follow his decision, because that is way he makes his
stories, connecting very strongly to Barks'. Of course, well have to assume
that Notre Dame is the building that Notre Duck refers to. And I really
think that :-). Someone got up with the term "Barks-Rosa universe", which I
missused a little and I didn't mean to put it in that sentence.

Eero-Pekka