mickey mouse.....

Jussi Mantere jmantere at niksula.hut.fi
Fri Jun 28 18:36:11 CEST 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, timo ronkainen wrote:

> Huh? I wonder how this expression was born, since I have conception that
> Mickey Mouse-animations were considered to be first-rate productions quite
> early.

I thought you'd reckognize the term from Finnish as well! :)
At least where I come from, it's very common to call something
"mikkihiirijotakin", as in "mickeymousesomething", when this something is
very small or doesn't require very much attention.
I think it's more a reference to the actual size and species of Mickey
_Mouse_ than a reference to the value of Mickey as a character.

--
. jussi mantere
. http://www.iki.fi/obs/