DCML digest #855

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Mar 4 15:06:58 CET 2002

From: "Arthur de Wolf" <arthur at wolfstad.com>
   "If we had gone downstairs we would have probably found a money pit
where he (Lex) swims in the stuff, like that duck with the Irish accent!"
>>>I thought it was cool they mentioned Scrooge in a tv show based on
another
comic book.

Yeah, but that's an anachronism! In Superboy's day, they would not have
known anything about $crooge having a Scottish accent. That writer had been
watching the modern "Ducktales" TV series.
But then, when does this "Smallville" show take place? In the late 80's?! I
guess that could be. Whew... when I was collecting Superboy comics, the
stories were taking place in the 1930's, judging by the old cars in the
Smallville background.

From: Sue and Gary Leach <bangfish at cableone.net>
To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
>>>I've been mixing that up with
Alexander Kent since seventh grade. Even worse, I have no idea who Alexander
Kent is (if anybody)!

He was one of Clark's uncles who was run over by an old car in Smallville in
the 1930's.   In the background.