Forget it.

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Mar 15 15:27:38 CET 2002

Don Rosa wrote:

> I must draw the rooms and lay-out of the Bin to
> accommodate the time and space I have to tell my story.

At least you manage to have a consistent look *within* a story.

I read a copy of the Danish publication of the story "Forget it".
On page 1, there are closets behind Miss Quackfaster, and books piled on top
of them. The books are piled in a different way on the final page than they
were on the first page. But then I noticed that on page 2, the closets (and
the rest of Miss Quackfaster's office) is totally messed up by a foof bomb.
So the books are *rightfully* in a different order (or disorder). It takes
an artist who thinks over such tiny details, to get this result!

"Forget it" is, as others already said, a very funny story! I laughed out
loud at the "stopping device" and "hop+swim" scenes, for instance. (I won't
say more about this, or I would spoil the story.)

I didn't quite understand why the story showed a flash-back to the "matter
of some gravity" story. That flash-back doesn't seem to have a function at
all.

On the other hand, I saw one of the ugliest drawings of the nephews, on page
3. I wasn't very delighted with the Finnish cover either. Well, one can't
have everything...

--Harry.