Heike und Sven, Don & Rosa, Pap & Lyl

Marco Barlotti marcobar at ds.unifi.it
Sun Mar 17 23:46:50 CET 2002

At 16.20.20 16/03/2002 +0100, Heike und Sven wrote:

>   In the latest issue of the German pocket book they published the story
>with the code I - 2375 - 5 by Gianfranco Cordara (Story) and Sergio
>Cabella (Art). [...]
>The story is not very special, but there is something to it (at least in
>the German translation), which I find very odd: The hosts of the show
>are a woman (named Rosa) and a man (named Don), and consequently their
>show is called 'The Don & Rosa Show', and that is also the title of the
>story.
>What is the title of the story in other languages? Is it just a (lame)
>gag of the German translator, or what? What do you think about it? What
>does Don think about it?

The original title is "Gastone star della televisione" (Gladstone, TV
star). The name of the show in the original version is "Pap Grant Show".
THe hosts are called Pap (the male duck) and Lyl (the female duck).
I think the translation was meant as a hommage to Don Rosa by the German
translator!

     Marco

http://www.cce.unifi.it/~marcobar/DisneyIndex