Geo:grade of comics and whitman comics

Geo geodiaz_79 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 22:58:48 CET 2002

No, Magica appeared for the first time 4 issues before that, in Uncle
Scrooge #36 ("The Midas Touch").
(And again in US 38.)

--Harry.

Thank you Harry.  I was working from memory and I suffer from Blinkus of the Thinkus (I keep asking myself why I have those four rocks in my back yard, I know I put them there for some reason).  It may not be her first appearance, but is it (number 40) the actual rarest?  I'm pretty sure it was the first Gold Key and that it was late because of the change in art style (the abandoned non gutter idea), but my memory may be off there too (I'm at work and I forgot to check them when I got home last night).  Does anyone have an answer?  Is 40 the rarest? Could there be 100,000 179's in a warehouse somewhere (or in a suken city, but they'd never be in mint shape after that trip)?  I've seen far, FAR more 179's that 40's (but then again I own 40 but not 179, go figure).  Any ideas?