DCML digest #874

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Mar 27 06:26:20 CET 2002

From: "Lupus Sabene" <lupussabene at hotmail.com>
Rosa from what I have been gleaning from the postings) is if anyone has gone
to the trouble of sequencing the various Duck stories?&nbsp; I suppose each
writer has kept their own sort of "timeline" (the Scrooge entry does a
little of this on the DCML site) and I would like to go about reading some
of the stories in the order they were intended by cross-referring any such
time-lines with INDUCKS

I'd say don't worry about it -- just read 'em all as you get your mitts on
'em. Since I tell stories that (in my mind, and therefore in fact, since
they're my stories) take place in the past, I don't have the attitude that
I'm telling the tales in chronological order. My stories are just taking
place in a jumble of years somewhere in the early-mid 1950's. As some one
already said, if I'm doing a sequel to a Barks story (or one of my own),
naturally the sequel is taking place after the original. Same if I just make
some reference to another story... but you won't know that reference is
coming until it hits you, so don't suddenly toss the comic from you and not
finish reading until you hunt down the referenced tale -- just don't worry
about it.

 From: Kriton Kyrimis <kyrimis at cti.gr>
>>>Well, they're brown in my copy, which I bought from Gladstone as a back
issue a few months after it was published; I don't know whether this
makes it a direct-sales or a newsstand copy.

Brown canes would definitely make it a newsstand edition, if my every
experience of the past 15 years means anything. But it's easy to tell -- if
there's a UPC symbol on the back cover, it's a newsstand edition. If there's
a little b&w pic of Donald in that spot, it's a direct-sales edition.