Euro as currency in Disney comics?

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 11:51:30 CEST 2002

Hi all

Harry wrote:

> Note that these are not real translations, but only
> transcriptions.

Of course it is. I mean, why to change Don Rosa's name
to something else? Apart from the sound of the word,
only the letters are changing into Greek ones.

> "Nton Rosa" (which should have been "Nton R[omega]
> sa", actually).

Omega? You mean the second "o" we have in Greek? Nop,
Don Rosa is spelled Nton Rosa in Greek (Íôïí Ñüóá, if
you have a greek font), with the normal "o".
The second Greek "o" is like "w". "W" is like 2 vv
together. The Greek one is like 2 uu together.

> The blueprints are dated 4 May 1902 (*exactly* 100
> years ago!). But they show big EURO-signs on the
> outside...

Now that's paradox... How the Euro sign is placed in a
1902 blueprint, while Euro is our new currency since
the beginning of 2002? That's why I prefer dollars
instead of Euro or our old currencies :-)
Best Wishes

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece
E-mail: komixgreekpage at yahoo.com