Scrooge McDuck's Western Money Bin

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri May 10 13:52:34 CEST 2002

Sigvald Grøsfjeld:

> If you see
> the Barks' Duck-universe as the "true" one, and most
> serious Donaldists do so, [..]

We have been through this before on DCML, but..

1. I don't think there is such a thing as a "serious Donaldist".

2. I see no reason why people would want to distinguish between "serious"
Donaldists and other people. To me that's an insult to the other people.

> there are no reason,
> whatsoever, to even consider this information as a
> fact, if you can't find support for it in any story by
> Barks or his successor Don Rosa.

3. Carl Barks has had many successors. Don Rosa is only one of them. The
fact that he was nearly chosen president of Finland doesn't make his stories
more valid than other people's.

4. Sure, it's fun to consider a consistent universe, looking at Barks and
Rosa stories only. But please don't tell other people that that's the *only*
"serious" (?) way to go.

--Harry.