Did Gyro Gearloose recieve a Nobel-price?

Archontis Pantsios apantsio at ac.anatolia.edu.gr
Mon May 27 09:45:25 CEST 2002

SIGVALD:

> Somewhere I've read that Gyro Gearloose once received
> a Nobel price. Is this a Barks fact? And if so, what
> kind of Nobel price was it?

Yes, Gyro Gearloose received a Nobel Prize in 1988, in a special category
termed "Odd-ball Physics" ("Strambalata" = "Odd-ball"?). This is not a
Barksian, but a Scarpian "fact": it appeared in the opening pages of the
opening chapter in Scarpa's "Paperolimpiadi" ("Seul 1988"). Gyro shows to
the Nobel authorities a sample of his odd-ball inventions, i.e. the lens
"vidrium", which is capable of making very happy anyone who looks thru it!

Cheers,

Archontis

Archontis L. Pantsios, Ph.D.
Assistant Academic Dean & Professor of Economics
The American College of Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki--GREECE
Phone #: +30-310-398228