Another Greek "outlaw"

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon Nov 4 14:41:04 CET 2002

"Stefan Persson" <reimersholme at hotmail.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, only *one* message was traced, and that single message
> was sent to Søren, and not even to you.

Then Søren asked me to send the next viruses arriving in my
mail-box over to him. And so I did. But after then our Danish
friend has said nothing about this. So it's up to him have those
viruses traced. I can send him new ones if he wants them -
because they are still coming, but not in the same amount as
before.

> Secondly, several people with computers infected by viruses
> might have address books containing Duckhunters' addresses.

Do you suggest that this is a virus special-progrmmed to use
duckhunter's adresses only? Well I don't think so.

> One reason to this is that some viruses not only send themselves
> to other peoples' computers, but also copy the sender's address
> book.  Thus, your and other peoples' e-mail addresses may have
> been sent to several people that you don't know.

If the virus are coming from various sources I expect that it would
use other adresses after a while. This virus are using the exactly
same adresses over, and over, and over again...

> Third, Per reported that the computer identified as infected
> *never* has visited the subscription page for the DCML list.

This is *not* about this list anymore - it's about "D.U.C.K.hunt".

> It seems unlikely that the "WEB-thief," as you refer to him
> or her, never would have heard of DCML nor visited the
> subscription page if he or she has managed to find your and the
> other peoples' web pages.

It's definately an HE. And there is no doubt that he knows
various subpages of Duckhunt very well.

> Fourth, there are several *million* of people living in Greece,
> so the so-called "WEB-thief" is not the only one in his or her
> country.

I know that, but this person has obviously searched various
D.U.C.K.hunt sub-pages and probably our main-page as well...

Anyway what I am trying to say is that this guy can by accident
have caused the virus problem while searching our pages for info.
That's if he has copyed our addresses into his mailbook. That's
way I think it's a good idea to check his IP up against the other
IP.

Sigvald :-)