Margarine (here we go again)

Gerd Syllwasschy gsy at megatel.de
Thu Nov 7 17:20:44 CET 2002

Remember our discussion some months ago about Barks' WDC 165 where the
skunk oil miraculously changed into margarine in the Scandinavian and
the German translations?

The German translator, Dr. Erika Fuchs, has now commented on this. She
does not remember how the margarine came into play, but she assures that
she never translated from a Scandinavian language.

I think this leaves two possible conclusions:

a) the editors in Copenhagen "de-Americanized" Barks' text before
sending it to the translators

or

b) the Scandinavian translations of WDC 165 were indeed based on the
German version.

Gerd