The size of Duckburg's population

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Nov 8 17:38:44 CET 2002

Hi all!

I once asked Don Rosa about the size of Duckburg. He then answered that "Duckburg is a medium sized city. It's not a village, nor is it a metropolis". Then some of my Scandinavian Donaldist-friends concluded that by US-standards (as they assumed Don Rosa was referring to) a medium sized city would be about the size of Stavanger or Trondheim in Norway. Based on this, the number of inhabitants in Duckburg was estimated to somewhere in between 100.000 and 150.000.

However, today my friend Erik Hørthe told me that in DD&Co #27/1967 there is a story where the number of inhabitants in Duckburg reaches 10.000 which he believes to be a more correct estimation of Duckburg's population.

So what is correct?

Sigvald :-)