Off-topic about annoying mails

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Tue Nov 12 18:58:19 CET 2002

<H.W.Fluks at kpn.com> wrote:

> This confirms my idea that you always want to write negative
> things. Even if you have to find something very minor to
> complain about.

Well, that's *not* true. It was for instance ME who started
the topic which eventualy gave us information about the exact
publication of "Dream of a Lifetime".

>>> And they are for instance assuming that Von Drake's marriage
>>> with Scrooge's sister Matilda McDuck is an "important fact".
>>
>> A marriage IS definitely a very important fact in anyone's life.
>
> Yes. But Von Drake is not married. So it is not a *fact*.

In the Rosa universe he IS married... (That's also confirmed by
Fernando in another thread). And it is even logic. Even the
referred sites states that Ludwig is Donald's uncle. There is 4
ways that can be true (assuming uncle means uncle):
a) Ludwig could be Donald's father's brother
b) Ludwig could be Donald's mother's brother
c) Ludwig could be married to a sister of Donalds's father
d) Ludwig could be married to a sister of Donalds's mother

Since his name is "von Drake" and not Duck or McDuck
alternatives A and B are very little plausible. So
what's left is alternatives C and D.

Since Donald's father's only sister, Daphne Duck, is
married to Goostave Gander (Gladstone Gander's parents)
possibillity C is impossible. What's then left is
possibillity D.

You may argue that Ludwig never apears together with
Matilda. But that doesn't prove that they never did marry.
She may have died after a few years leaving him a widower.
Just like Grandma Duck is a widdow after Humerdink Duck.

> So you can't blame a website maker for not mentioning it.

I didn't mean to *blame* anyone. Just making a little point
out of that thread. I am very sorry if anyone in DCML in any
way felt offended by that.

>> For instance you could - as an expert on the subject
>> have responded to the very interesting tread about
>> the size of Duckburg,s population.
>
> I can decide myself which threads to take part in.
> And I don't need to write a message when I have
> nothing new to add.

Noting new to add?
Hmmm actually the topic started with a question if
Duckburg has 10.000 or more than 100.000 inhabitants.
As long as you haven't commented that no one can
possibly know what number you prefer.

Sigvald :-)