Ludwig married? Lives at Donald\'s house

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu Nov 14 17:27:43 CET 2002

sigvald at duckburg.dk asked:
> Or do you really belive that Jakob had 12 sons and NO daughters at all???

Although this is Off-Topic, I thought I'd interject that Jacob DID have at
least one daughter: Dinah (Genesis 34).

As for the discussion of Ludwig von Drake, I think there is enough
substantiation from various sources, as well as a long held understanding
among Disney fans and the corporate standing, that Ludwig is indeed
Donald's uncle.  And, as has been demonstrated, in his very first comicbook
appearance, he is presented as being related, presumably, to all those
shown meeting him at the train station, which, oddly, does include Gyro.

Now, while I agree that Chickens and Ducks should not be related.  Ducks,
Geese and even Swans, yes, I can see, but not chickens.  However Barks, Van
Horn and others have represented Gyro as belonging on a branch of the Duck
family.  How, I have no idea.  I can only assume that someone in Gyro's
family actually married a Duck. *shrug*

I think that with respect to the Duck family tree including a Chicken we
should probably remember that the whole Disney stable began on a farm.

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com