Ludwig married?

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Thu Nov 14 19:48:07 CET 2002

SIGVALD:

>>When people emigrate to faraway lands that speak
>>foreign languages, they often change their family
>>names to fit the new language of their adopted
>>country.
>

> Don Rosa has never said that Ludwig and Matilda
> are *not related, nor has he said that the
> Duck-family in Duckburg and Ludwig are *not*
> related so there are many possibilities left
> open:

Oh, how extremely interesting. Your black and whitish conclusions bring
us absolutely nowhere, Sigvald. The fact that Don didn't say this or
that apparently force you to make a conclusion which aims at the exact
opposite. If Don (or anyone else, who in your world defines the "canon")
never claimed that the Earth is flat, you probably would find good
reasons to believe that the Earth indeed might be flat...

> I assume that "O'Drake" - Scrooge's mother's maiden
> name, could have been Germanized into "von Drake" or
> the opposite.

Speculations. Anyways, here is how it all works. And please do tell me,
if I am wrong. This is the true story:

Goofy is Pluto's uncle, and Pluto himself is a half-cousin to Scamp,
because Tramp and Pluto were raised together during a shorter period.
Lady had an affair with Old Trusty before she ever met Tramp and (kinda
secret actually) gave birth to Newton. So roughly speaking Goofy *is*
Newton's uncle in daily conversation, but let's not get technical here.

Pete (a nephew to Lucifer) married Trudy and she gave birth to Madam
Mim's Spitfire. Pete is in fact the father of Tabby, who (as everybody
knows) was later adopted by Donald.

Little Toot married an elder yacht of Uncle Scrooge's and they happily
had triplets. The archives don't reviel details about their lifes, but
rumours tell that HDL played with them once, so who can tell the
consequences of that intimate meeting.

Little Helper couldn't resist the tall legs of Gyro's mailbox robot and
they finally got their screws together. Obviously the Thinking Cap got
jealous and the inhabitants (the birds) departed and met Magica's
Ratface. It's now commonly known that all the birds live in a pleasant
collective and even have their own web site.

---

Apart from the rubbish above, I had hoped that you knew your Ludwig
better. He has never showed any interest in the opposite sex as far as I
know. Ludwig has his books and his degrees and Scrooge has his money.
This fact may not constitute a "perfect life" for you, Sigvald, I mean
you wrote:

 > A marriage is *NOT* unimportant!

True, indeed. But let's not forget that the "people" in question are
first and foremost comics characters, and such characters behave
differently from what (sometimes) can be expected.

Søren