Don Rosa Strike - Statement of Egmont Ehapa

Jano Rohleder jano.rohleder at gmx.de
Sun Nov 17 23:52:50 CET 2002

Don's strike is actually a very hot discussed topic in the German
Comicforum, in which the official forum of Ehapa is also part. Here are two
more or less "official" statements of Ehapa by Alexandra Germann, editor of
the "Onkel Dagobert von Don Rosa" album series and Christina Walz, press
spokeswoman of Ehapa's comic book division "Ehapa Comic Collection".

Both can be found in their original German here:
http://www.comicforum.de/comicforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44376

Note: This translation was made by me and is in no way approved by Ehapa.

Dear Don Rosa Fans,

just like "Do you want the good or bad news first", here are some news of
the Life & Times book:

The good news:
There is a chance that the book will - sometime - be published WITH the
commentarys.

The bad news:
Don has forbidden publishing for the time being.

Not only that book won't be published, but also the Album-series will be
stopped for the time being by Don's order.

The decision of Don Rosa concerns the whole Egmont company, not only Ehapa.

I think, because in your opinion the book is more worth with commentaries
included, this decision of Don doesn't really harm you.

Regards,
Lexa

Christina:
I can't post here any details. Just this: Egmont made an offer to Don which
beats everything a Disney-author has ever got from Egmont (including Barks).
He still doesn't agree to this offer in that way. So, everything is blocked
for the time being. How long we don't now either. Egmont will stay
negotiating with him - let's wait what the result will be. It would be
unfortunate if both sides would stay intrasigent, but not much is changeable
at the moment.
Another conversation will take place in the beginning of the next year, at
least so long we must have patience for getting new News.