Horace

sdebeer@talk21.com sdebeer at talk21.com
Tue Nov 19 12:51:37 CET 2002

To Rich Bellerica,

Thanks for the House of Mouse link. Very interesting, I hadn't come across that site before. There still seems to be a discrepency in the way Horace Horsecollar is drawn.  This discrepency seems to have something to do with the medium ie comics vs film. Some comic book artists still draw his nose in a downward angle as Gottfredson used to and with rounded ears.  Other illustrators draw his now at a horizontal angle and his ears as pointed as was the case in later shorts and in the House of Mouse. I wonder what advice the Disney Co gives on this, if any.  (PS this is a legitimate DCML topic as Carl Barks included Horace in one of his oil paintings!)