Scrooge's dubbelganger/Gyro's Great Grandfather

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Wed Nov 20 08:04:10 CET 2002

For Fernando and Arthur:

So! Gyro's great grandfather (Neco Pardal) was alive during Gyro's adulthood?
He looks just like Gyro, with a white beard.  He must be the father of Barks'
Ratchet Gearloose (grandfather of Gyro). Does Ratchet yet live-or did the old
man outlive him.  Ratchet was a contemporary of the YOUNG Scrooge.  That means
neco is old enough to be Scrooge's father!!!

Regarding the lookalike cousin of Scrooge, who is a beggar:  I seem to recall
something similar in the early 1960s (or very late 1950s), drawn by Jack
Bradbury.  It was a story with a bum (beggar) that looked just like Scrooge.  I
don't think he was related to Scrooge. I believe it was an S-coded story.
Perhaps you remember that one, Harry?

You've all been TOO INTERESTING lately! I'd better stop commenting and get to
my work that brings in money!!!

Rob
Klein