Grandma/Ludwig/House of Mouse

Stefan Persson reimersholme at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 19:02:27 CET 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <sigvald at duckburg.dk>
To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: Grandma/Ludwig/House of Mouse

> But as you are saying - Ludwig IS apparently of the same generation
> as Scrooge, but most likely a few years younger (born sometime in
> the 1870's) and thus of the SAME AGE as Scrooge's sister Matilda
> (born 1871).

Right. Someone living in Scotland is of about the same age as someone else
living in Austria.

> > or the brother of Ludwig's son-in-law.
>
> ??? Donald has no brother...

Wrong. There is no knowledge of any brother, but that doesn't mean that
Donald doesn't have a brother, it just means that no brother has appeared in
any story.

> 1) This is Disney Comics family relations - not a real family
> we are dealing with.

Right. But you seem to treat it as a real family relation everywhere else.

> 2) This is very special family with a very special history.
> Remember that the sisters apparently left Scrooge in 1930.
> Matilda may have moved to Europe and met Ludwig there.
> They wouldn't keep any contact with Scrooge because of the
> incident in 1930.

Are you trying to prove that Ludwig is *not* married with Matilda? I thought
that you were trying to prove the *opposite*... Anyways:

On the 14th of November, you wrote:

>Nope. Why would he go to Matildas relatives if they divorced? Anyway there
is enaough family-tragedies in today's world - we don't need divorces in
Duckburg too.

Why would Ludwig go to Matilda's relatives if his wife*) prefered not to
meet them?

*) Note that I don't specify who, if anyone, is the wife.

> The only other relative left in Duckburg
> would then be the young Donald (who seems to have been
> raised at Grandma Duck's farm), Donald's sister Della
> may also have grown up at the farm - we don't know.

That is unlikely: Della has never been mentioned in any of the Paperino
Paperotto stories, taking place on that very farm.

> > If Donald's parents were born in USA, and their parents were the
> > immigrants from Austria, that makes it only more likely
> > that Ludwig is a more distant relation than first uncle.
>
> TO MUCH has been written by TO MANY artists about Donald's
> family to even consider such a theory.

Right. And "TO" MUCH has been written by "TO" MANY artists about Donald's
family to consider theories about any marriages of Ludwig's.

Stefan