Gilles: Goofy Family Tree

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu Nov 21 18:05:36 CET 2002

Gilles said:
> In goof troop, his last name is Goof, in the Geef shorts,
> it's Geef (Georges G. Geef), in "a goofy movie", it's "Goofey"
> (note the "e"),in his early life, it was Dawg (Dippy Dawg)...
> (there was also "Marley "(Jacob Marley), mr Biker, Mr X, Mr Wheeler,
> and Mr Walker, in cartoons)
> In my Goofy Family Tree, I chose to call him Georges "Goofy" G. Goofey...
> But In comics, he has always been and will always stay Goofy  :-)

Actually, there should be no "s" in "George."  Also, I notice you have
Glory-Bee's hair colored red or auburn, but in every comic I've seen
her, in the USA, Italian and Brazilian, it's always colored yellow or
blonde.  I have not seen how she is depicted in French comics, so you
might be using a French comic to color her hair?  I also noted you call
her "Penny."  If this is to match her to the Penny character from Minnie
'n Me, I think this is not correct.  There is absolutely no similarity
between Penny and Glory-Bee.  True, Penny is a bit "goofy", but she is
mostly a tom-boy and a sports fanatic.  Glory-Bee is just a bit of an
air-head (perhaps naive is a better way to put it?) and has show absolutely
no interest in sports.  Penny seems to prefer sweats and sneakers while
Glory-Bee has always dressed much more feminine.  I don't think there's
enough evidence to conclude that Glory-Bee and Penny could be the same
character.  This does not mean that "Penny" could not be Max's mom, though.
Penny still has all the physical characteristics to have grown up to
be the woman Goofy married in the GEEF shorts, and her auburn/red hair
and nose still matched the red hair and nose Goofy Junior had.  But this
is still just speculation since GEEF what supposedly just a "role" Goofy
played in those movies (or was it??? ;-).  The only similarity between
Mrs. Geef and Glory-Bee, IMHO, was their figure.  Glory-Bee is a tall,
slender and sexy character, and, based on the obscure images we get to
see of Mrs. Geef, so is she.

There is a character named Penelope (for which "Penny" would be a shortened
form) who appeared in the cartoon short, "Knight for a Day" who was a
mideviel Princess whom Goofy attempted to save.  Of course she looked
exactly like Goofy, albeit with a blonde wig.

Finally, I noticed you are also missing some relatives of Goofy's.  First,
there's his "Aunt Tessie" who is a recurring character in Italian and
Brazilian comics.  Then, there are his uncle Gideon or "Uncle Giddy" who
runs a newspaper, from a few comic stories, and his uncle Ophal Dizzy, whom
I've only seen once in a very old WDC&S.  Finally there's Grandma Goofy who
has appeared a few times. I will try to get a picture of some of them for
you.

Hope this helps,
Rich Bellacera

-Rich Bellacera