Schwindolar Schwan

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Fri Nov 22 15:19:39 CET 2002

Harry wrote:
>>>This might be:
>>>W DD   30-02, 14 pages, Fallberg/Bradbury, no title
>>>[desc:Pokerface mine] [xapp:DD,HDL,GL]
>>>The guy's Dutch name is Jeremias Borstel. German: Schwindolar Schwan.

I don't think so... there is a picture of him in Ed van Schuijlenburg's Duck Family Tree (http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/trees/germantree.html), right under scrooge's parents... I haven't been able to find where he fame from and how he was linked to the Ducks, so even if you didn't answer right, Harry, you helped somebody..
(I still don't know how he's related, so if somebody has the story, that'd be cool if he tell me the exact relation... and even greated if he provided a scan of his original appearance :-) (sorry, i couldn't help))
If we see the picture on the tree, he doesn't look like a beggar at all (he seem to have owned a silver mine, and he has a nice moustache, and nice clothes.. that wouldn't be the way i'd have drawn a bum!)... so I really don't think it's the one. moreover, he seems to be on an ancestors line, but i'm not quite sure, as the tree is strangely built (i didn't understand it fully)...
That'd be cool if you translated the names "schwan" and "borstel" (not the exact meaning, but the family to which they correspond in english)...

Gilles Maurice  :-)