Schwindolar Schwan

H.W.Fluks@kpn.com H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Fri Nov 22 16:34:52 CET 2002

Gilles:

> I don't think so... there is a picture of him in Ed van
> Schuijlenburg's Duck Family Tree
> (http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/trees/germantree.html),
> right under scrooge's parents...

Aha.
I haven't read the story, so I don't know exactly what I'm talking about,
but I *suspect* that the Borstel/Schwan guy is an ancestor who owned a mine,
and that the same story *also* features a Scrooge-resembling beggar.

Borstel = Brush
Schwan = (surprise...) Swan

BTW, the family tree on the above page is not by Ed van Schuijlenburg. The
artwork looks to me like Volker Reiche.
Even if Reiche redrew an earlier tree by EvS, that earlier tree was probably
invented by someone else (EvS only did the artwork), so calling it "EvS's
tree" looks a bit odd.

--Harry.