About the atmosphere on DCML

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Thu Nov 28 16:21:13 CET 2002

SIGVALD:

> So if it’s OK when Mads says that Rosa’s views are UNTRUE,
> then other DCML-members should have the exact same right
> to say that some of Marco Rota’s, Al Taliaferro’s or Tony
> Strobl’s views are UNTRUE.

But don't you think, that this right is effectuated right here on DCML?
I for one don't believe in the canon idea at all--every writer and
artist is "correct" in the sense, that since the story in question was
published it must "have happened" (at least in the Disney comics
universe). I look at a story as a more or less isolated happening, and
don't judge its quality based on relations (or lack of the same) to
other stories. Many people disagree, but all of us certainly have the
"right" to express our opinion on DCML.

Søren