the COA database

Thomas Pryds Lauritsen thomas at duckburg.dk
Fri Nov 29 16:36:43 CET 2002

Ari Seppi wrote:
> Inducks database
> is not a web site at all, it's a pile of plain text files and Harry's Dizni
> program.

Perhaps Sigvald thought of Per Starbäck's search engine at
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/inducks/ ?
That webpage is indeed titled "I.N.D.U.C.K.S.", so I can understand why
it is obvious to think that this website is in fact the Inducks.

Per's site is (like the COA) a web-frontend, a search engine, for the
Inducks database. As I understand it, it is not, however, updated
automatically like the COA is, but it too reflects the data of the
Inducks database.

Thomas

--
Thomas Pryds Lauritsen

"There is the theory of the Moebius.
  A twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop."