Morbid & Gready

sigvald@duckburg.dk sigvald at duckburg.dk
Wed Oct 16 14:32:18 CEST 2002

Hi, all!

I can see that Barks' ex-managers Bill Grandey and Kathy Morby are currently discussed in this forum. They might had a wish to be helpful to old Barks, but the results of their influence indeed had the contrary effect. From what I have heard from well-informed sources “Morbid & Gready”, as they are called by many Donaldists, were the ones who tried to create bad feelings between Carl Barks and Don Rosa. They also made Barks come up with some crap about Donald’s origin, etc. when interviewed - most probably to harm Don Rosa’s work. Luckily Morbid & Gready was fired so that Barks and Rosa could eventually meet. That historic meeting took place in Barks’ home in Oregon during the summer of 1998.

Sigvald :-)