File-Sharing of Scanned Stories

Santiago García Banhos sgarcia at uf-isf.es
Wed Oct 16 16:53:24 CEST 2002

> > With all this file-sharing going on over the internet (mp3 files,
> etc.) =
> > why don't fans of Disney comics get together and share scanned
> stories =
> > with each other?  It could be done person-to-person by email, or the
> =
> > scanned files could be shared on a site such as Kazaa.com.=20

A technical note:

I think that would be the kind of thing more suitable for a webpage, rather
than emails exchanging: it's not recomended to transfer big amounts of data
on emails, because the receiver usually downloads it all automatically
without even confirming it (one could get his/her email account blocked due
to a big amount of hughe messages enqueued). So, it's better to upload it
all on a webpage, so anyone can download every single file "on demand".

By the other side, if many contributors join the project, the host server
will soon run out of webspace. So I think the best solution is a WEBRING:
one website indexing the contributions on external servers, and every
contributor mantaining scanned stories on his webpages (I think many people
in this list already mantains webrings).

That's, of corse, IMHO ;-)

Santiago.