Viruses

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Thu Oct 24 15:59:46 CEST 2002

Is this virus that is circulating through our list group carried by receiving
the digested messages from DCML?  Or is it only spread through individual
messages that come in private messages directly from list members (one to
another)?

I am terribly afraid of receiving a virus. Regarding the appeal I made for
French back issues: If you respond to that, please send your response to the
general list.  I will then send the list the issues I want to you. I am
reasonably sure that I do not have a virus now (unless it can be obtained
directly from receiving the digested list, and is still being carried by the
digested list messages). Since beginning of June, I have only been receiving
them for the last 4 days. Before that, I was reading the list messages from the
DCML Archives. Duco Feenstra is the only list member that has sent me a message
since I returned home recently. I hope your machine is not infected, Duco.
And, I hope only very few members have actually picked up the virus. I am NOT
using a Microsoft mail server. In addition, I use my mail server ONLY through
its "Remote Access" capability. I hope that keeps such viruses from being
picked up by my PC. Thanks, Rob Klein