Urban myth?

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Tue Oct 29 08:48:35 CET 2002

SIGVALD:

> The children of your
> cousins are *not* your nieces or nephews (as long as your cousin is not
> married to one of your siblings).

This sounds a bit like the argument that Grandma Duck is not HD&L's
grandmother: technically correct, but essentially wrong.  I don't know
whether there is a term for one's cousin's children in English (there
is an obscure one in Greek, meaning "little nephew"), but I consider the
children of my various cousings as my nephews, and the only reason that
they don't call me "uncle" is that I've asked them to call me by name!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Time is the ultimate nonrenewable resource, and we are rapidly running
 out of it."
-----