New Barks/Jippes Woodchuck stories

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Sep 15 18:10:07 CEST 2002

Hi,

Yesterday, I've visited the "Stripdagen" in Den Bosch, The Netherlands.
With comic book fellows Harry Fluks and Arthur de Wolf.

There I learnt that Daan Jippes has drawn the following
Barks Junior Woodchuck scripts:

JW 12 - Hound of the Moaning Hills
JW 17 - Be Leery of Lake Eerie
JW 20 - New Zoo Brews Ado

Of "Be Leery of Lake Eerie", Daan Jippes has drawn both the published
ending and the rejected ending.

This way, editors can choose which ending they prefer to use:

- the rejected, cynical ending
- the published ending, described by Barks as being "sweet as raindrops
  on rose petals" (source of quote: Barrier, page 123)

Best wishes,

--- Daniel

"Stop! You're scrambling my digital rejiggerator!"
(which Barks story?)