Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Wed Sep 25 11:39:00 CEST 2002

Hi all

(Danes, keep an eye out for the issue of Familie Journalen which I will
soon tell you the issue number of. Today from 2.15 to 3.30 a journalist
and photographer came her to interview me about our donaldist society. The
journalist had seen me in the regional newpaper where a 3 page article
about the society was published some weeks ago.)

Sigvald

>Have you seen this?
>http://www.forbes.com/2002/09/13/400fictional.html
>
>Today Norwegian Text-TV reffered to this list from a so-called serious
>American economic magazine called Forbes have somehow managed to put
>together this stupid list over the world's 15 richest fictional
>billionaires - which should make us all laugh:
>
>Rank  Name               Net Worth
>1.  Santa Claus              $ ‡
>2.  Richie Rich              24.7 billion
>3.  Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks  10.0 billion
>4.  Scrooge McDuck            8.2 billion
>5.  Thurston Howell III       8.0 billion
>6.  Willie Wonka              8.0 billion
>7.  Bruce Wayne               6.3 billion
>8.  Lex Luthor                4.7 billion
>9.  J.R. Ewing                2.8 billion
>10.  Auric Goldfinger         1.2 billion
>11.  C. Montgomery Burns      1.0 billion
>12.  Charles Foster Kane      1.0 billion
>13.  Cruella De Vil           875 millon
>14.  Gordon Gekko             650 millon
>15.  Jay Gatsby               600 millon

We talked about the same thing today in Science -
Batmans alter ego Bruce Wayne was mentioned.

>Thirdly - how the he.. can they estimate Uncle $crooges fortune to ONLY
>$8.2 billion. That's completely ridiculus.
Comnpletely - in danish stories he usually has 25 fantaticatillions or
something the like..

>Fourthly - where the he.. is Flintheart Glomgold and Rockerduck?
They aren't known by the amateuers who made the list.

>My conlusion: the Forbes list of fiction billionaires is completely
>non-scientific and totally worthless.
It is - it's made by someone who just wanted to be fun, cause comics can't
be taken serious by some people.

>I'll say
>#1 - Scrooge McDuck
>#2 - Flintheart Glomgold
>#? - John D. Rockerduck
Hear hear

>And please forgive me for being a bit upset over this matter, but I hate
>it when stupid people neglects facts about our dear Ducks.
I understand you and I count the times that I've been annoyed of articles
with wrong facts. I've written letters to the reader column about
Timboktou not being placed in Faraway-satn as some insane traveller's
columnist claimed. - I've complained to the Norwegian journalist who used
egmonts press material for the blueprint-story where some experts made fun
about the bin. I felt ridiculed by the letter she send back.
But our job, as fans here and in out society, Sigvald is to inform these
media how things are. - The article in the newpaper about me was serious -
so will the next one be.
Let us neglect these amateurs and enjoy the comics and be postiviely
surprised when once in a while something is published which comes from an
actual comic fan who knows how many money this rich old scotsman has!

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist