DCML Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Tue Apr 1 08:55:39 CEST 2003

> From: "Olivier" <mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr>
> Subject: Re: Fulton
(As to whether the character in panel 1 & 2 of page 8 of "WHADDALOTTAJARGON"
was Gyro's father...)
> I don't think; could be, though; maybe he wasn't but now we have
> seen Fulton we can consider him to
> be Fulton. Only one person cansay for sure: the author.
> However, I guess if  Don Rosa had meant him to be Fulton, he
> would have inserted his name somewhere.

No, not even the author can say for sure. I might have meant that to be
Fulton, whom I had already shown to be one of the original 3 Junior
Woodchucks of 1902 (in my "Lo$"), so while penciling I might have just
decided to add him as an appropriate member of the Woodchuck Senior Council.
And I would not necessarily have put a nameplate in front of him since I try
my best to never use background signage in my comics whenever I can avoid it
(due to the good chance that I will again be embarrassed by the signs or
nameplates being left BLANK by careless publishers!).
So... okay, let's say that's Fulton. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.