Gemstone Details

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 01:47:33 CEST 2003

In a message dated 4/16/2003 3:38:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
theactor_2000 at hotmail.com writes:

> I assume this is correct, that Gemstone is about to start releasing Donald
> Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics starting May 3rd?

Gemstone will be releasing a giveaway reprint of "Maharajah Donald" for Free
Comic Book Day--found in comic shops throughout the US--on May 3rd. However,
the actual books won't start being released until later...

Uncle Scrooge #319 and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories will start being
published monthly starting June 17, while Donald Duck #308 and Mickey Mouse
and Friends #257 will start being released monthly on September 9. The Disney
"take-along" books, published in about the same format as TokyoPop's manga,
will appear later on.

I'm not *completely* sure if the release dates are correct, as I would think
they might have changed or could change in the future, but I'm going by the
dates on my "Disney Comics are BACK!" poster that I received from my local
comic book store.

> I was wondering, is it possible to subscribe to receive them to my home,
> somehow?
> Or, is there a site where I can order the comics?

I believe I read that Gemstone will be offering subscriptions, but I don't
think they have them available yet. I'm not completely suire on that one.
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin