Grandma Duck in DuckTales

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 20:33:20 CEST 2003

In a message dated 4/18/2003 1:46:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lis- at wp.pl
writes:

> Please look at this screenshot from DuckTales' episode "Horse Scents":
> http://disneymania.w.interia.pl/czy.jpg
>
> How do you think, is it Grandma Duck?

It looks like Grandma Duck to me. While it could be a coincidence, this seems
to be more of an "animator-injoke" than anything else, really.

I'm surprised Grandma wasn't used at least once in DuckTales. Since Scrooge
raised HDL by himself, she would have been easy to work into at least one
episode. I mean, there was at least one Gladstone appearance, right?

Then again, I don't really see Grandma adapting well to animation. She never
did have much of a personality outside of the "stereotypical grandmother"
approach.
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin