Where's the Censor?

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 14:16:51 CEST 2003

The censorship compelled by Disney to be applied to several stories in
the original Carl Barks Library focused mainly on depictions of
ethnicities, and this sensitivity persists. The "problem" concerning
the Brutopians, however, has pretty much gone by the wayside...I don't
think there's anyone left at Disney who would have any idea why there
was such a "problem" in the first place.

In the upcoming Free Comic Book Day edition of "Majarajah Donald",
there is a single incidence of current "censorship" on Disney's part.
This "correction" was not in the original CBL or in the CBL in Color
album. I'll be interested to see if anyone here can spot it. I'm not
sure I would.

Gary