Grandma Duck's cartoon appearances

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Wed Apr 23 05:45:38 CEST 2003

I would count the appearance of GD in the crowd scene of DuckTales episode
"Horse Scents," and have used similar logic when counting appearances for
such characters as Fifi the Peke and Jenny Wren.

The bun-hairdo and glasses are quite distinct characteristics of GD in the
Duck Universe, and she has been creditted in cartoons before.

So, including this appearance, I would say she has appeared in a total of 4
(four) Disney cartoons:

1. "This is Your Life, Donald Duck" (Mar. 11, 1960) - (voiced by June
Foray?)
2. "Mickey's Christmas Carol" (Dec. 16, 1983) - Cameo appearance
3. "Sport Goofy In Soccermania" (May 27, 1987) - Cameo appearance
4. DUCKTALES episode "Horse Scents" (April 29, 1988) - Cameo appearance

Of course, the only "official" animated appearance would probably be the
first one in 1960.  The rest are fan speculation, but, IMHO, still valid
since the fans are the only ones who probably care. :-)

-Rich Bellacera
xephyr at cwnet.com